Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for sponsorship levels (and registration fees) for DC14

martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> writes:

> also sprach Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> [2013.10.24.0143 +0200]:
>> After discussion with sponsors-team we are proposing the following
>> sponsorship levels and registration fees for DC14. (They are largely
>> the same as DC13 with CHF substituted for USD).
>
> The USD is a bit weaker than the CHF, but one sentiment I often
> heard during the preparation of DC13 was that the sponsorship levels
> were too expensive. Maybe it would be possible to add another level
> below bronze e.g. at 1000 USD with a small benefit, such as a link
> or whatever.

OTOH the total amount raised for DC13 was higher than for every DebConf
before (at least as far as I know). So the balance is probably right.
Also at least for Swiss SMEs the levels did not seem to be too high.

AFAIR the concern was also more often raised from inside the sponsorship
team than by actual sponsors.

Gaudenz