Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf14 Dates And Upcoming Decisions

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 03:12:48AM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

> I also think we should try to retain debcamp if at all possible.  As
> someone who has worked on the network infrastructure for debconf in past
> conferences, debcamp is when much of the custom/specialized network
> setup and testing actually happens.

> If we only get access to the facilities the first day of debconf, i
> suspect that we will have a conference network much poorer than people
> have grown to expect.  We will probably also have a much grumpier
> network team (is that possible?) because setup work will take them away
> from the other scheduled activities of the conference itself.

> If we have no debcamp, does the PDX team have a proposal for how to get
> the conference network in place effectively starting on the first day?

We have already precleared accommodating a small team to arrive early for
essential setup and preparations, knowing that networking and video teams
were going to need access to the facilities to get prepped for the
conference.

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski