Re: [Debconf-team] Improving the lunch for DebConf13?

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 06:40:27PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

> The current budget includes the "formule lunch" for every day for 90
> persons during DebCamp and 290 persons during DebConf. But currently we
> only have 50 persons during DebCamp and 250 persons during DebConf. This
> means that we will use about 15k CHF less for the meals (34 * 40 *4 + 34
> * 40 * 7).

> The question is now if we are happy with the "formule lunch" on every
> day as it is or if we want a better lunch on some days. The complete
> lunch costs 6CHF/meal more. If we want to improve the lunch I
> suggest we choose the full lunch for 2 days during DebCamp and 3 days
> during DebConf. This would cost us 5100.- CHF (600.- for DebCamp and
> 4500.- for DebConf).

There have been concerns issued that if we can keep costs low, we should.
And while that concern very directly affects me (as a DC14 organizer), I
think having full lunches on a couple of days would be very welcomed.  We
have multiple different dietary considerations to take into account and
it'll be nice to have variety even without those considerations.

Am I understanding the budget calculations correctly that we would end up
saving 9900 CHF instead of 15k CHF?

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski