[Debconf-team] Improving the lunch for DebConf13?

Hi

As I wrote already in my report from the last Le Camp visit, we
discussed some options around lunch.

In their standard offer, Le Camp has two lunch options. One is a full
cooked meal (16 CHF), the other is called "formule lunch" (10 CHF) and
is mainly intended in case you want to spend the day on a trip and eat
somewhere else. The details about this option have been discussed back
in May [1].

Le Camp told us, that they won't serve us the same sandwich buffet every
day even if we choose the "formule lunch" for the whole conference. They
are looking into ways to make a cold buffet with salad and other things
for us for the same price as the "formule lunch". We also discussed that
we could upgrade to the price of the full lunch for some days and they
would serve us a better buffet or meal on every day.

The current budget includes the "formule lunch" for every day for 90
persons during DebCamp and 290 persons during DebConf. But currently we
only have 50 persons during DebCamp and 250 persons during DebConf. This
means that we will use about 15k CHF less for the meals (34 * 40 *4 + 34
* 40 * 7).

The question is now if we are happy with the "formule lunch" on every
day as it is or if we want a better lunch on some days. The complete
lunch costs 6CHF/meal more. If we want to improve the lunch I
suggest we choose the full lunch for 2 days during DebCamp and 3 days
during DebConf. This would cost us 5100.- CHF (600.- for DebCamp and
4500.- for DebConf).

As we have to announce the meal numbers for the first days this
week-end, we have to decide this very soon. For me personally either way
is fine, but in the past some people voiced concerns about the lunch. I
think that good food is very important for the success of the
conference. As the improvement is possible within the overall budget
numbers for food I propose that we do the upgrade unless there is
opposition until tomorrow (Friday 25 August) evening (CEST).

I'm sorry that this is a bit rushed. I wanted to bring this up for
discussion earlier but then forgot again and only now realized that time
is running out.

Please comment soon!

Gaudenz

P.S.: I'll be on [VAC] from tomorrow morning until Sunday evening. So
don't expect many replies from me, but hug and Odyx/Didier should also
be able to answer any questions.

[1] http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20130527.165143.a607658e.en.html
--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.