Re: [Debconf-team] Day trip decision

Hi Lucas

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> writes:

> A conference dinner during a boat trip looks great, and something that
> attendees will remember, but it also looks quite expensive, even if we
> can afford it thanks to the fantastic work of the sponsorship team. I
> was wondering if some compromise solutions were possible, such as
> keeping the boat trip, but having a less expensive standing "cocktail"
> while on the boat, with self-served food? Or just a less expensive
> menu?

The current plan already includes the cheapest menu they offer and does
not include any drinks (I expect tap water to be available for free, but
we have to check). So if we want to eat a menu on the boat I don't
think there are any cheaper options.

The standing cocktail could reduce the costs a bit. But then there is
the question if that's just enough as a conference dinner or if we want
to continue the dinner with an "improved" menu at Le Camp. If we do the
latter I think the overall costs won't be less.

Gaudenz