Re: [Debconf-team] Day trip decision

Hi,

Now, as a matter of full honesty; by looking at the detailed budget
source, I see that the amounts were as follows: 50 CHF / person for
DayTrip, 30 CHF / person for Conference Dinner; both multiplied by 348
unique attendees.

That's correct, we calculated with CHF 50 /p.P for the daytrip which results in the 17400 for the 348 persons in the budget.
Don't forget that this amount also includes eating out on lunch, which we'd also pay CHF10-15 (depending on food option) per person if we'd stay at LeCamp.

We do have an approved budget of 17400 and the money is available, so I don't see any need to discuss this again. That's one of the reasons for a budget, to be able to delegate work to different people and not micro-manage them.

Looking at the numbers from [1] the boat trip with dinner is the really expensive part.
So if we do the conference dinner on another day and only look at the daytrip budget it looks a lot better:
Total amount including lunch paid to LeCamp: around CHF 14k (+transport, as we don't use the boat) which is below the 17k in the budget and if some attendees won't eat dinner on this day and mark it in penta, we'll save even more. (It would then even fit in CHF50 p.p)

[1] https://debconf13.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/DayTrip

My suggestion, if Raphael agrees, is to go ahead with Daytrip organization as planned within our budget and organize conference dinner separate from day trip.

Philipp