Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

On 11.07.2013 15:07, Raphaël Walther wrote:

Well, we will need to split the group between more or less 5 coaches of 75 persons:

BREAKFAST at Le Camp
+ All attendes will take a picnic provided by Le Camp.

MORNING 9:30 - 12:00
Activity A. Visit of Mauler in Motier
https://www.mauler.ch/
Activity B. Visit of La Chaux-de-Fonds and its museum about watches
http://www.neuchateltourisme.ch/en/decouvertes/museums/clock-making-m-lanbspchaux-de-fonds.1500.html
Activity C. Visit of an absinthe distillery in Couvet
Activity D. Visit of Asphalt mine
http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/destinations/top_attractions/travers-asphalt-mines.html
Activity E. Hiking - there are nice possibilities in the area. More about that later.

I think there is too much options, which IMHO could complicate the organization. Note: people doesn't set a preference, people changes the preference on the same day, according the friend's preferences. Additionally you say 5 coaches, so we need people splitting in group homogeneously... I don't think it is very realistic

So I would reduce the choice to max 3 options.

PIC NIQUE LUNCH 12:00 - 14:00
Everybody will be at Creux du Vent if the weather is good. In case of bad
weather we can probably  book a covered place for 300 person at
Chézard-Saint-Martin (i haven't called yet).
Just for those who want to have a look on Creux du Vent:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creux_du_Van

It is a nice place.

AFTERNOON
14h-15h transport to Neuchâtel
15h-18h visit of Neuchâtel, there will be a lot of musician and artists in the
street from 17h in the city center which is a pedestrian area. The lake is
always very close.
For those who are intrested in technology we could arrange a visit to CSEM :
http://www.csem.ch/site/

3 hours in Neuchâtel it is a lot of time for geeks. So for non shoppers, I'll delay the departure from Creux du Van. E.g. 2 or 3 couches could depart 1h-1h30 later.

18h-19 Neuchâtel - Vaumarcus by boat

19h30-20h30 Dinner at Le Camp

Very full program, but also very nice.

DETAIL: I will need one volunter by activity in the morning who will be
responsible and doing the activity. This can be arranged at a later stage.

I would volunteer C (or ev. B). Unfortunately these activities are in the morning ;-)

ciao
	cate