Re: [Debconf-team] Accomodation for families at Le Camp ?

Philip Hands dijo [Mon, May 06, 2013 at 11:14:31AM +0100]:
> That sounds like a sure route to disapointment.
>
> Telling people who we know need the information earlier than average
> that they can only have it after everyone else will ensure that they
> keep coming back asking the same question in a different way, to the
> frustration and annoyance of all involved.
>
> I'd think that it's much more constructive to tell them that they should
> go ahead and make their own arrangements now, on the assumption that
> there will be no room for their families in Le Camp.
>
> If you feel that we must make it less clear than that, then we could add
> that for that rare beast, the family that can change its plans with very
> little notice, we may be able to release rooms very late in the day, but
> that we're aware that that will be too late to be of any use to most.

More than space availability, I think people expecting to come with
families must be clearly made aware that, even if they book (meaning,
of course, pay for) a 2- or 4-bed room, that does *not* mean they will
have hotel-like privacy for bathrooms. I expect Debian people to be
(more) willing to put up with commonality, but their partners+kids
quite less so.

Yes, those are two different vectors (Do we have space? Do you really
want to stay with us?), both quite important to be made explicit.