Re: [Debconf-team] Accomodation for families at Le Camp ?

Le lundi, 6 mai 2013 11.01:15, Philip Hands a écrit :
> Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> writes:
> > Le samedi, 4 mai 2013 17.17:38, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> >> There will be almost no space available at LeCamp that could be used for
> >> family accomodation.
> >
> > I don't think that's true as of now. The current status as I read it is
> > that we don't know if DebConf13 will have 35 or 350 "DebConf" attendees;
> > and I'd rather have eventual remaining beds used by families than not.
>
> Do you really expect people with families to be able to change their
> plans at the last minute?

What my own expectations are doesn't really matter to the problem at hand: I'm
only one modest member of the team.

That said, as you ask, I do expect people with families to be less able to
change their plans at the last minute than people without, that sounds
logical.

But I think Steve's statement above is not sufficiently factual; I think it's
a better thing to say "we don't know yet, we'll only be able to tell in few
weeks' time; if you need to be sure, don't rely on that eventuality."

Cheers,

OdyX