Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 - DebCamp

Hi

Raphaël Walther <raphael.walther@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Gaudenz,
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 09:01:15AM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>> Raphaël Walther <raphael.walther@gmail.com> writes:
>> > We have a important team meeting tomorrow Monday at 20:00 CEST (18:00
>> > UTC)  because we need to open registration soon.
>> >
>> > I have just contributed to the agenda of tomorrow meeting by adding a
>> > question mark regarding DebCamp.
>> > https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Meetings/20130408
>> >
>> > This is the last chance to decide in favor or against this option in my
>> > opinion as we need to take this decision before opening registration.
>>
>> I don't agree that we should block registration on this decision. While
>> it would certainly be easier if we could decide this now befor opening
>> registration, I think it's also feasible to now just announce that we
>> are still considering Deb*Camp* as an option, but need some more money.
>> We can then later extend registration to DebCamp. But of course this
>> would not give us much more time. Certainly not more than about a month.
>
> I don't want to block registration but my opinion is that we need to
> make a decision on that because for attendees it will make things more
> complicated. How are they suppose to book holidays, train or flight if
> we are changing plans during registration?

I think we both agree that the sooner we know the better. It's true that
those that would consider attending DebCamp can't make final travel
arrangements. But at least some of them will also wait for our decision
if they get sponsorship (for food/accomodation and/or travel) before
booking their travel.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.