Re: [Debconf-team] Conference bag proposal

Arne Wichmann dijo [Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:52:23PM +0100]:
> Hi...
>
> We have a proposition from one potential sponsor to be a bronze sponsor and
> to provide us with very sturdy conference bags (made from lorry tarpaulin)
> in a desingn of our choice including their logo. Should we take that offer
> or should we decline given that they are a bronze sponsor only (and do our
> own bags with names of all sponsors)? Or maybe we include all sponsors on
> the bag (if the above sponsor accepts this).
>
> So what do you think about this?

I basically agree with Patty, and am quite happy to see this: I'd say,
*if* the sponsor fits our general sponsoring criteria. I just checked
the sponsor levels¹, and (fortunately?) we make no mention of sponsor
bags. That means, we are basically free to use them as an "extra" as
we see fit. So, please expand a bit on this proposal:

- Will the sponsoring consist *only* of the conference bags? Or are
  they suggesting sponsoring with money *and* with bags to reach a
  higher bracket?

- What would the approximate cost of such conference bags be
  if purchased otherwise? (of course, we should also check, but mainly
  for reference, if bought outside the EU and shipped, as we often do
  with shirts)

- How many bags will their sponsorship include? What would the
  conditions be if we came to need more?

- Are they willing to share the bag space with the other sponsors? I'd
  include at least the same as on the shirt (that means, starting at
  "silver"), but I'd feel even happier including the others at the
  same sponsor level than this one (that means starting at "bronze"),
  as it is fairer.

- Finally, if they are willing to give us ≥2000 CHF (that is, be
  bronze anyway) *and* also donate the bags *and* stay at bronze
  level, the bags would basically be giveaways from them, and I'd be
  more than happy to accept them. If added to that we are allowed to
  put our logo and design on them, I will be more than happy. Even if
  no other sponsor is allowed there — As the bags will not be made by
  us, thus won't be part of any sponsor bracket no matter what.

But, of course, that's not a final word from me ;-) Just some points
to be able to better judge the proposal.

¹ http://debconf13.debconf.org/become-sponsor.xhtml