Re: [Debconf-team] [DC14] Portland team: DebConf in the USA

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> writes:
> USA, the eternal debate
> =======================

> There is also this tradition we have of not repeating countries. Of
> course, being the USA such a large country, and being its Debian
> population so large, I would not give much weight to the argument, but
> I have seen it mentioned on IRC.

The west coast of the USA is basically a different country, the only
thing that makes it the same one as Debconf 10 is an arbitrary nation
boundry that encapsulates a number of individual states between (we
don't even share the same language). A rather meaningless association
except for some federal simalarities. You can go to Puerto Rico and get
those similarities as well.