Re: [Debconf-team] [DC14] Portland team: DebConf in the USA

On 03/15/2013 06:26 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> Proposed venue
> ==============
>
> I feel the proposed work rooms you mention for the venue somewhat
> small. Quoting from the Wiki:
>
>     One main plenary room with capacity for 200. This room has
>     removable partitions that convert it into two talk rooms during
>     sessions, one @ 98 places, one @ 70 places.
>     One additional talk room @ 48 places.
>     Two hacklabs, one @ 90 places and one @ 54 places, for a combined
>     capacity of 144.
>
>     If attendance is higher than expected, we will have the option of
>     reserving more or larger rooms closer to the date of the event
>     (subject to availability).
>
> But, if we are looking at a >300 people attendance, there will be many
> saturation moments. Do you have an idea of those additional spaces'
> fees and capacities?

The room pricing is posted on their website:

http://www.pdx.edu/conferences/sites/www.pdx.edu.conferences/files/SMSU%20Room%20Rental%20Rates%20and%20Capacities_5.pdf

The options for larger rooms are:

- Hoffman Hall, auditorium seating for 350, at $150/hr or $900/day

- Ballroom, auditorium seating for 650, at $250/hr or $1,500/day

Allison