Re: [Debconf-team] Suggestion for Professional / Corporate attendance Fee

Le jeudi, 24 janvier 2013 10.36:33, Giacomo Catenazzi a écrit :
> On 24.01.2013 09:55, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > I have now prepared https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Pricing as a
> > tentative summary of the pricing policy for DebConf13. I tried to include
> > all proposals so far, with reasonable prices.
>
> My comments:
>
> I don't like the category names, and I think we should not give names to
> that category. Nobody should be labeled according the hosting. For
> sponsors it is different, the category is a selling point and according
> category they are shown differently on various places.

I disagree. As we will provide different levels of comfort, they need to be
clearly identified as they have a different price. My naming policy was "in
increased electrical conductivity", but I'm fine with any better naming
policy. Putting names also avoids the "stars", "luxury" or other (perceived)
negative bias.

> I would provide standard accommodation to sponsored people (thus not
> discount for better beds), or not for seldom and higher priced categories.

"Forbidding" a sponsored accomodation attendee to pay the increase to get a
better comfort is not a restriction I would put in place (at least not
explicitely).

> I think we should add also category for 2 beds, for the couples.

That's currently in Aluminium. We could split it in two but it sounds like
additional bureaucracy for close to no benefit.

> And I prefer to "sell" the room as my proposed method: we write only the
> maximum number of people/bed per room (and try to scatter the free beds
> on all categories). A ">=" could be confusing.

I think selling "rooms" instead of "beds" will create a lot of confusion. All
the prices on the wiki page are for "beds in ${category} room".

> I would also follow hug proposal: moving 10.- food per day from food to
> accommodation (breakfast).

That's currently 8.- as the "breakfast discount" is from 40 to 32. I'm not
sure it's really worth more, but I'd be fine with 10.-. I think having things
listed explicitely (food, accomodation, conference) makes it clearer to
everyone.

> Conference fee should be per week (conference bag, t-shirt,
> infrastructure is per DC, not per day)

Good point. * 6 days then. I don't know how to modify the wiki page to make
that clear though.

> DebConf was always free, so no "normal" fee. (and also it would more
> difficult to choose who is sponsored and who not. We already had 3
> spnsored categories (only food, only accommodation, both) + travel).

Fair enough, dropping this then.

> >>  From the last two option we should probably pick the preferred one and
> >>
> >> only offer this. And I think, as DebConf general attendance should be
> >> free, we could drop the CHF50 fee.
> >
> > I think "willing to cover your own costs" is actually a good possibility
> > we might want to offer.
>
> So an other reason to have the cost per week. Anyway eventually we could
> add a "supporter" conference fee. But no fee for "normal" people. We
> need more students and young people to see how Debian works, to convince
> them to contribute to our project.

Agreed. Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

OdyX