Re: [Debconf-team] Online rooms booking systems

Hi,

On Montag, 21. Januar 2013, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> in the context of using an online "rooms" booking system, here's the result
> of my investigation:
>
> In Debian:
>
> - hoteldruid
> 	http://www.hoteldruid.com/
[...]
> After looking at all those, I think we should try to adapt hoteldruid to
> our needs; the fact that it is already in Debian is certainly a plus (even
> if we might need to fork it to suit our needs). I will do a rapid intent
> at configuring it with something similar to LeCamp accomodation options as
> discussed and report back.

what for exactly?

having proper software for talk selection seems way more useful to me.

oh, wow.

+conference mgmt too.

but looking at online room booking systems now, wow. i definitly think this is
going in the wrong direction. pen+paper^w a textfile in git and some rough
process seems way more useful to me than what www.hoteldruid.com is offering.

speechless,
	Holger