Re: [Debconf-team] dc7 website and wiki.debconf.org, ipv6

On 01/13/2013 01:22 PM, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> - wiki.debconf.org is now only reachable by SSL. non-ssl gets
>   redirected. Though I would be happy enough to let non-ssl access it
>   too, if someone takes the time to tweak either the apache config or
>   mediawiki so that it requires SSL for logins (and maybe anonymous
>   edits?), ie. reading only for non-ssl.
>   Keep in mind, its squeeze, so mediawiki from there...

Thank you, Joerg!  This is really valuable work.

fwiw, i don't think that browsing via cleartext http is a useful goal,
given the problems with session hijacking, sslstrip-style attacks, etc.

If the https connections are considered too onerous for some reason, i'd
be happy to try to help troubleshoot and improve the situation, if
that's desired.

	--dkg