Re: [Debconf-team] A better budget analysis

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:14:41PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > - According to these calcs, we need 133 professionals (at 600
> >   CHF/week) to achieve 360 person-weeks at le camp (or lots of extra
> >   sponsorship).  So given our likely situation, le camp remains more
> >   expensive.
>
> It has previously been speculated that the professional fee should ONLY
> cover the actual per-person cost.

I don't think that would be a problem, but I think it would also be
problematic to put professionals into dorms.  As I understand, there are
only a limited amount of other rooms (how many?) which we could use for
professionals (who would pay more).

We could introduce 0% (basically the above, people pay their per-person
costs), 50% and 100% sponsoring and urge DDs with the monetary
possibilities to go for 50% sponsoring.

Michael