Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes meeting with Le Camp, Thursday 25-10-2012

Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 05:17:07PM +0200, Michele Cane wrote:
>
>> * Optic fibre investment (100k CHF).
>
> Thinking about this... part of the reason it costs so much to us is to
> recover this investment.  If we could have a workable, but not
> super-fast, net connection, and 95 kCHF cheaper, we would do it,
> wouldn't we?

The problem is that they already built the fiber optic cable. But as
they told us they wanted to improve the connection anyway and just took
the expectation of DebConf to speed up the decision. Also they did not
consult us before investing this large sum. We were also very suprised
when they told us that it's already done in September.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.