[Debconf-team] Cost reduction / shortening (was Re: not a registration fee, but...)

On 2012-10-25 10:53, Moray Allan wrote:
Therefore, quite apart from this year's budget questions, I would be
happy with a plan to shorten the overall DebConf+DebCamp period.

Another point about shortening:

It is sad to say it, but it is clear that in most years Debian Day hasn't turned out that well compared to what has been hoped, and compared to the amount of work put into organising it. It has taken a lot of effort/attention from volunteers, but the attendance has sometimes been very low. In the last few years we have tried to warn the local team members about this and encourage better advertising longer in advance, but is it time to admit that it just doesn't work well as a job for the DebConf local team or as part of DebConf organisation?

I realise that the obvious response to this message is "Oh, but it'll work well *this* year", but we have said that a few times before.

--
Moray