[Debconf-team] DC13 cost reduction / additional income idea 4 - accomodation

*** No / only partly sponsored accomodation ***

This is basically the same as for food. Participants would either have
to pay part or all of the accomodation costs themselves. The big unknown
is how many participants would not come to DebConf because of this. This
mainly depends on how much they would have to pay.

Accomodation costs:
Le Camp: 17.- to 24.- per day (depending on bed type)
Interlaken Balmer's: 25.- per day

For Le Camp there is the problem that our costs for accomodation won't
go down with fewer participants because of the minimal price we have to
pay. So the more people don't show up because of the accomodation costs
the less we save.

As a comparison tipical Hotel / Hostel  prices in Switzerland:

simple hostel (dorm): 30.- - 40.- per night
very simple hotel (double room, shared bathroom): 50.- - 70.- per night per person
*** hotel with good deal: 120.- per night for a double room

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.