Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 sponsoring brochure, sponsorship levels

On 2012-09-25 07:47, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
Moray correct me if I'm wrong, but in my reading of the above is that we
don't have to sort every detail before contacting sponsors. But the
levels should be fixed in my opinion. But it's fine to amend the
brochure afterwards if new information becomes available (payment
details, more accurate budget, ...) or someone has time to make it even
better.

I was including that levels didn't need to be ready. For big companies/
government bodies/foundations/etc., there will be significant work
required to get in contact with an appropriate person and discuss whether
they *might* be interested in sponsoring, if this needs to be requested
through some bureaucratic method, and so on.  All this is most likely
to work by phone calls, and by personalised email messages where there's
no phone number available.  The initial aim should be to make contact
with a person in the organisation who is sympathetic and can help to make
things happen, not just to fire off a document and hope.  So not even
levels would need to be ready to start on this work.

So in my opinion after the sponsoring level decision from the last
meeting the brochure is more or less ready. For some (institutional)
sponsors we need a more detailed budget, but this can be fixed while
already approaching other sponsors.

Large organisations may need their own personalised version of the
sponsorship brochure, edited after finding out what aspects are
important to them in deciding whether to grant sponsorship. Foundations
etc. often require long formal documents written specifically to follow
their required structure.

--
Moray