Re: [Debconf-team] [RFR] Please check the DebConf13 sponsoring brochure English version

Hi there!

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 20:26:06 +0200, Justin B Rye wrote:

>>> Apostrophes as thousand-separators?  Not even with CHF!  (Is there a
>>> TeX trick to make them localise automatically?)
>>
>> According to IBM (from Wikipedia) that is how it should be done (and
>> indeed UBS does that):
> [...]
>> However, according to SAS, the separator depends on the region:
>>
>>   <http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/nlsref/63072/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0eq0k53tsx9cwn1hnz4s942vxzm.htm>
>
> How about using the international compromise standard of a thin
> non-breaking space?

Fair enough.

> Still, presumably any organisation prepared to make contributions in
> CHF will be familiar with Swiss LC_NUMERIC conventions.
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^
In this case it should be LC_MONETARY ;-)

>> it, so I took the freedom to disagree).  The sentence could be
>> reformulated as:
>>
>>   Please contact the sponsorship team to discuss prices and other
>>   details about the following opportunities, which are only examples:
>
> That doesn't quite work - if they're only examples, surely I'd be
> better off discussing the prices of *real* opportunities instead?  So
> how about going back to the old version but using a dash - would that
> feel more natural?

Thank you for the explanation!  Given that you used a '--' instead of a
single dash I guessed you explicitly wanted an en dash in TeX:

  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash#En_dash>

Fixes committed:

  <http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data/dc13/sponsorship-brochure/brochure.en.tex?r1=3742&r2=3743>

Thx, bye,