Re: [Debconf-team] budget status (was: Re: Status on Brandts Hotel)

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 02:33:09PM -0600, Henning Sprang wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> > b) try to negotiate with hotels to be able to reduce
> > costs from things like people not showing up or leaving early (big
> > one!  maybe booking extra seminole rooms will provide a chance to
> > negotiate better terms).
>
> Sadly, the hotel conditions are pretty hard. Canceling is only
> possible 5 days in advance(!) as far as I understood the contracts
> that I saw...

Yes, but if you can renegotiate with the promise of more rooms...

But, another, perhaps easier to do idea: if people don't show up, see
if you can resell those rooms to other people that want a place to
stay?  I realize this will take a significant amount of work...

- Richard