Re: [Debconf-team] questions for hotel people

On 06/18/2012 06:09 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 15. Juni 2012, Leandro Gómez wrote:
>>> - When do we need to know the number of rooms we are using?
>> I would say as soon as possible.
> http://munin.debconf.org/debconf.org/skinner.debconf.org-
> penta_accomodation.html gives a good estimate already, and the deadline ends
> on Wednesday.
>
>>> I know that you still don't know which hotels we are using, and if the
>>> gov is paying.
>> This is something that's creating a lot of problems for us. Anyways, the
>> deadline we gave govt is today, so Monday morning we'll know for sure which
>> hotels we are using (and hopefully have them booked by then).
> did you hear back from the govt yet?

Government told us today that they have approved to sponsor for everyone
accommodation during DebCamp in their Hotels of choice (Seminole and
Holiday Inn), which are nice hotels, but not the cheapest ones.

We have to pay accommodation during DebConf, but we are free to move the
people to other (cheaper) hotels. We have to get real prices from the
hotels now to decide the most convenient option for us (and our budget).

This is a sponsorship of around 10K to 13K... so let's be happy :) And
means that the other things (transportation, welcome room in the
airport, palace of culture for conference dinner, etc...) seems to
happen somehow.

We will start tomorrow to reserve the hotels by these numbers:
http://debconf-data.alioth.debian.org/stats/only-attend/rooms-by-date-2.txt
With this we will have a little buffer. Then we give the papers over to
the gov and they pay for it.

Cheers,
Felix