Re: [Debconf-team] Estimated numbers for t-shirts

On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 08:53 -0600, Leandro Gómez wrote:
> We have some shirts from our provider (Anan). We could measure them
> and post the exact sizes. I'm going to work in a couple of hours, so
> maybe someone else from localteam wants to help?

Sounds worth checking this (though we don't currently have a central
record of what the physical sizes were previous years).  Before that,
perhaps someone has a general idea of how Nicaraguan sizes are compared
to e.g. generous USA ones or small Asian ones?

> We won't get women's sizes this year, unfortunately.

> We also have the XS size that is ~size 14 (US standard?). A bit
> smaller than S. Maybe that's the equivalent to female S?

If you don't have women's sizes, then, yes, I suppose taking one size
below the requested size might be a reasonable guess -- any women want
to comment on that?

>         Note that this doesn't give many spare shirts over the numbers
>         in
>         Penta.  Normally we hope to get more additional people
>         involved in
>         volunteering who hadn't signed up for it in advance.  In
>         addition, in a
>         hot country it would be a good idea to let some staff have
>         more than
>         one staff t-shirt, even if they have to pay personally for the
>         extra
>         one(s).  So I think 75 is too few?
>

> I also think it's a good idea.
>

> The cost of each t-shirt is $5.11 (custom made, full color printing in
> front, one color back for the sponsor logos). We've already paid 50%
> of the cost of 400 shirts, as required by the provider ($1000 from
> local sponsor that paid directly to provider).

If the shirts are 5 USD each, then I expect some international
staff/volunteers would be happy to pay for an extra couple of shirts to
wear while working.  Any ideas on what would be a good number of staff
shirts to order?

--
Moray