Re: [Debconf-team] Travel sponsorship money (and other money things)

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:42:31PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Money we still need:
>
> - Miscellaneous expenses (<5 k$)

Actually, probably most of these would be covered already in the
budget.

> - Accommodation sponsorship: about 5-10 k$
> - Travel sponsorship: about 30-40 k$

Travel sponsorship:

- 15k$ gets most people who have good ratings remarks (which I assume
would be around a good cutoff point, but it's up for that team to decide.

- 25k$ gets everyone who has a mean rating greater than zero, which is
more generous than we usually are.

> We *do* have enough for accom sponsorship, I think.
>
> We haven't talked about travel sponsorship yet, or identified where
> that money will come from.  I think that it is reasonable to ask for
> DC11 surplus to be able to send out travel sponsorship confirmations
> (and then hopefully not use that surplus).  What do you all think?
>
> Travel sponsorship team, how much would you like to request?

I'll request all the surplus, and we can spend what we need (but no
more).

- richard