Re: [Debconf-team] Tracing a DebConf11 transaction

Hi Richard!

In future, please write to the involved person (i.e. debian.ch and
Martin Krafft at least), it would have been easier.

On Mon, 28 May 2012 17:06:54 +0200, Richard Darst wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 09:28:25AM -0400, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> * Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> [2012-05-27 07:09]:
>> > 16:26 < Ganneff> there is 3476.78EUR going to one, 2168.07EUR going to
>> > the other. beginning of month 9
>> >
>> > I think this money was supposed to go from DebConf to debian.ch, which
>> > lent money to wire to Bosnia for travel reimbursements.  The whole
>> > thing is sort of unclear to me, I haven't been able to get the exact
>> > story (even back then when I asked).
>>
>> I cannot find the two amounts in any ffis.de transactions.
>> Unfortunately, we don't have access to SPI, debian.ch, etc,
>> transactions.
>
> Well, I figured it out:
>
> There are no two transactions that sum to either of those values.
> They are written as a bunch of individual transactions to individuals,
> as if they were paid directly.  (not debian.ch).  Only when you sum
> seven numbers does it equal the sum of the money sent to debian.ch.
>
> So, I assume that these are the money sent to debian.ch, and you will
> see it only two transactions on the debian.ch side, and it'll all
> match up now.

The story is something different:

a) Debian Brazil sponsorship needed to be fulfilled during DebConf11, so
   some merchandise money where used for that.  Given that the
   merchandise at DebConf11 was mainly managed by me and that together
   with the other merchandise "providers" we decided that debian.ch
   would have made all the math, with the approval of the DPL, Ganneff
   and Martin Krafft (debian.ch's treasurer), 1350EUR and 1600KM (a
   total of 2150EUR) was lent by hands on 2011-07-28 [1].  2168.07EUR
   were reimbursed by ffis e.V. on 2011-09-07 [2]

[1] <mid:4E315720.4030803@ganneff.de>
[2] <mid:20110907053546.GA7893@fishbowl.rw.madduck.net>

b) the other sum was personally lent by Martin, so you should ask him
   about details.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca