Re: [Debconf-team] Tracing a DebConf11 transaction

Martin/Phil,

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 09:28:25AM -0400, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> [2012-05-27 07:09]:
> > 16:26 < Ganneff> there is 3476.78EUR going to one, 2168.07EUR going to
> > the other. beginning of month 9
> >
> > I think this money was supposed to go from DebConf to debian.ch, which
> > lent money to wire to Bosnia for travel reimbursements.  The whole
> > thing is sort of unclear to me, I haven't been able to get the exact
> > story (even back then when I asked).
>
> I cannot find the two amounts in any ffis.de transactions.
> Unfortunately, we don't have access to SPI, debian.ch, etc,
> transactions.

Well, I figured it out:

There are no two transactions that sum to either of those values.
They are written as a bunch of individual transactions to individuals,
as if they were paid directly.  (not debian.ch).  Only when you sum
seven numbers does it equal the sum of the money sent to debian.ch.

So, I assume that these are the money sent to debian.ch, and you will
see it only two transactions on the debian.ch side, and it'll all
match up now.

I'm sorry for the noise, and I'll make proper notes in our ledger
about what has actually happened here.

Incidentally, do you see any 220 EUR payment on 2011-09-02 in the
Debian earmark?  It vanished from the DebConf earmark, and I wonder if
it got reclassified under Debian (given that apparently this reflect
logical, not actual, transactions).

Thank you,

- Richard