Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-ch] DebConf13 next steps

Hi there!

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 20:40:52 +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> (CCing debconf13-ch@lists.debconf.net, but please don't expect anyone
> to do that in future -- discussion should move to the main
> debconf-team list now that you won the bid.

Thank you, IIRC after we won the bid all members of the core team were
advised to subscribe to debconf-team, so consider this as a reminder.

> We should probably also create a debconf13-localteam@lists.debconf.org
> for more detailed discussions on venue points etc.)

IIRC on IRC Ganneff replied me that we should simply move debconf13-ch
to debconf13-localteam.  We would like to avoid yet another mailing
list, given that we already have debconf-team, debconf13-ch and sometime
something ends in community@lists.debian.ch as well.

> As has been discussed a little already, it would be sensible to get a
> DebConf13 sponsorship brochure ready soon.  We will need to raise a
> lot more money for DebConf13 than sponsorship brought in for the last
> DebConfs.

Thank you for the information, is it fine if we discuss that in the next
meeting scheduled for 2012-03-22 [1]?  Or should they be discussed
earlier on the list?

[1] <http://lists.debconf.net/lurker-net/message/20120302.130440.cf1d9d98.en.html>

> More generally, the DebConf13 local team should be embedding itself
> within the current DebConf teams, so that nothing comes as a surprise
> to you next year (and of course, so that you can share your wisdom
> this year too).  While I realise that we don't need to teach the Swiss
> about organisation, this is something that we ask of every local team.
> :)

I do not speak for the others, but FWIW I am already following
debconf-team and in some sort also debconf12-localteam.  However, I
should admit that until now I have acted like an outsider.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca