Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 sponsorship levels

It's a small point, but clearly if I paid $30k I get to choose my level?

I think these levels should primarily have a published level, like:

Steel: $2000
Bronze: $5000
Silver: $15000
Gold: $30000
Platinum: $50000

or maybe those last three are $10k, $25k, $40k or $10k, $20k, $35k

Then the ranges that are listed are the 'negotiating room' which is
available.  We can recognise that a poorer company (or a local one) who
is being a good citizen by sponsoring DebConf can get a Bronze
sponsorship for $3000 (e.g), etc.

Cheers,
					Andrew.

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 00:03 +0000, Moray Allan wrote:
> It appears that we still didn't manage to agree sponsorship levels for
> DebConf12, so here's something concrete we could approve if it looks
> fine to everyone, or modify if people have better ideas.
>
> I would especially like comments (soon!) from anyone who worked on the
> sponsorship team for a previous DebConf.
>
> Here's what I think is currently proposed, based on modifying
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/SponsorPack to take into
> account the discussion in the last meeting.
>

> STEEL - $1,000 to $2,000
>
> Logo on our website / Logo en las páginas web.
> Logo included in full-page thank you ad in Linux Magazine worldwide /
> Logo en una página de agradecimientos de la revista Linux Magazine
>
> BRONZE - $2,000 to $5,000
>
> Benefits from steel, and also:
>
> Logo printed on conference t-shirts / Logo impreso en las camisetas
> Logo printed on conference bag / Logo impreso en las bolsas
>
> SILVER - $5,000 to $15,000
>
> Benefits from bronze, and also:
>
> Logo on banner in conference lobby / Logo en rótulo a la entrada de la
> conferencia
>
> GOLD - $15,000 to $30,000
>
> Benefits from silver, and also:
>
> Logo printed larger and in superior position / Logo de tamaño y
> colocación especia
> Logo in video streams and recordings / Logo en las transmisiones de vídeo.
> Logo on banner behind talk podiums
>
> PLATINUM - $30,000 or more
>
> Name and description of sponsor in all press releases relating to the
> conference / Nombre y descripción en todos los communicados de prensa
> relacionados con la conferencia
> Logo printed on all material related to the conference / Logo en todo
> el material relacionado con la conferencia
> 45 minute slot for giving a free software related talk / Espacio de 45
> minutos para dar una charla relacionada con el software libre
>

> As discussed in the meeting, this makes the first three levels'
> thresholds a little lower than last year (by changing euro to dollar
> signs and keeping the numbers), and adjusts the thresholds for
> gold/platinum.
>
> Compared to http://debconf11.debconf.org/sponsorship.xhtml this
> removes 'logo on bag' from Steel, and swaps the ordering of 'logo on
> banner' and 'logo in video streams and recordings', and adds the new
> 'mention in press releases' for Platinum.  Those seem like reasonable
> changes to me (assuming the press team agree to the latter).
>
> We already missed the deadline agreed in the meeting for this, so
> please send any comments quickly now, rather than waiting to send
> detailed ones later!
>
> Thanks,

andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
    Always leave room to add an explanation if it doesn't work out.