Re: [Debconf-team] Question for DebConf13 Latvia bid: cheaper options

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have now received an offer from a group of 4 big hostels that say
> that they can house all 300 people in dorms sized from 6 to 16 beds
> for an average price of 13 EUR ppn including breakfast. I'd be
> pessimistic and say that the cost is likely to be 15€ ppn in the end,
> but this is a much more interesting offer and puts this option on the
> table.

Sounds very interesting, yes!

If we have dorm rooms like that for the sponsored accommodation, I'd
expect the numbers using it to be rather less than 300 -- a higher
proportion of people will choose to pay themselves for better
accommodation, compared to if the sponsored accommodation is in a
hotel.

--
Moray