Re: [Debconf-team] Regarding DebConf13 planned location

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 09:18:52PM +0000, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Actually, there may be other options open to the DPL in this scenario

Thanks for taking the time of explaining to me how to do my job :-)

> Although the team made a decision, a contract can not be signed if the
> budget is not endorsed by the DPL.  So the DPL could defer ratification
> of the budget on any of these grounds:
>
> - to ask the debconf-team to convene another IRC meeting to discuss the
> concerns of Marga, Ana and Steve.
[…]
> - one concern I heard over the weekend is that some regular sponsors are
> giving money for `Debian' and it is all spent on DebConf.  I don't want

I don't think I'm getting this right. Are you suggesting that I use the
DPL money-related prerogatives as a tactic to bend the decisions of a
Debian team in a way that is to my liking?  If you're suggesting that,
rest assured that I would never do anything of the sort in life.  When
asked to approve or refuse a budget, I will make a decision based solely
on the budget merits, i.e. on whether I think that the money at stake
would be put into good use for Debian or not.

And that would be so even if I were, personally, strongly against the
decision made by the relevant Debian team. In that case, I'd rather
escalate the matter further myself, than using DPL prerogatives as a
tactical device.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .