Re: [Debconf-team] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans) ·

Hi Philip,

that'll be my last mail on both -team and -discuss until the contract
signature as I'm getting really exhausted of all this. Nothing against you
though (more against me…).

Le lundi, 26 novembre 2012 20.38:28, Philip Hands a écrit :
> Could that be because some of the the details that you've presumably
> known for all that time have only emerged slowly, often after enough
> uninformed speculation to ensure that many people are left uncertain
> about the truth of the matter?

Without answering all your well-documented points, I'll only mention that the
LeCamp website [0] was known since the beginning and has an english
translation. The website documents the venue and its conditions quite
extensively.

I feel it is putting a too high expectation on the local team members to
expect that they'll document all not-yet-voiced issues well in advance. We
have been very clear about preferring LeCamp for one year now and the less-
local team members had that wide of a window of opportunity to help
formulating and answering these questions. I don't deny we might have used our
biased perceptions of the DebConf attendees and DebConf team venue
expectations, but we did all that the best we thought.

Cheers,

OdyX

[0] http://www.lecamp.ch/index.php?lang=en