Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans) ·

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 01:14:54PM +0100, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Hi Ana,
>
> Thanks for this (more) informed mail. Unfortunately, it has some imprecisions
> that (unwillingly, I'm sure), spread FUD.

If you provide more information instead of handwaving concerns, I'm sure
you can contrarrest what you call here a "FUD".

> Le lundi, 26 novembre 2012 12.22:13, Ana Guerrero a écrit :
> > The venue contains several building, let's see one of them.
>
> You chose building 5. As you mention further down, this building has 25
> sleeping places.

No, 28.
The camp itself recommends it for a group of between 10-20 people.
Sadly, it is only in French:
http://www.groups.ch/fr/K-0806-5487/colonies_vacances_descriptif.html

> I invite people to go to the link you provided and investigate the other
> buildings. Bulding 5 is, together with Building 4, the buildings with the most
> rustic accomodation.

No problem.  I can send another analysis of another building.
Which is the one you consider better? Do you want to do it yourself so you
can add your own experience after visiting the site?

> > You can get a full plan of le camp at:
> >
> > http://www.lecamp.ch/visite.php?lang=#
>
> > If you enlarge the photo, some details are revealed:
> >  - the dorms do not have doors, so you could consider we have a bigger
> >    dorm of 26 places
>
> That's plain wrong, and can be seen from the PDF plan: a picture with two
> doors open doesn't mean rooms have no doors.

I believe you in it having doors, but i have been unable to appreciate it in
the photos. I was mostly concerned about the rooms being so closed with this
disposition that any noise or disturb in one of the rooms will affect the
other. E.g. people going to sleep later than others in one rooms will be
noticed in the another.

> >    - sleeping places are not separated
>
> yes

do you propose any solution to this?

> >   - I have not idea how people sleeping in the higher beds are supposed to
> >     get into them, help?
>
> You can see from
> http://www.groups.ch/images/haeuser/zusatz/K-0806-5487-6_20091202024753.jpg?mt=1259761673
> that the vertical wooden "beams" act as ladders. IMHO non-disabled people of
> reasonable physical condition can enter the upper beds without problems.

Do you think it is possible doing it without touching the people who is
sleeping next to you?

> >   - There is not place for personal belongings, are they supposed to be left
> >     in the veranda?
>
> Good point, to be investigated. I guess usual guests in these houses use their
> bags for this purpose.

Yes, but where do they store it?

> >                With some different arrangement for the beds disposed for
> > people in wheelchair. I don't know about the showers for people in
> > wheelchair but it would be also good to know. I don't know the status for
> > other kinds of disabilities.
>
> As you can see from http://www.lecamp.ch/offresHotes.php?lang= some of their
> hosts propose week-long camps for mentally disabled people (just to say that
> people are having events there with more disabled people than we usually
> have).
>
> All the main (non-hosting) buildings provide wheelchair-accessible facilities.
> Passerelle has 15 wheelchair accessible beds, including showers and toilets.
>
> As for other type of disabilities, we don't have information as far as I know,
> but we could ask.

As told to Andreas in this thread, it would be good if you put all more
information about all this available so people with disabilities can judge
for themselves.

> > If to all the above if you add details like the nearest supermarket being
> > 3.7km away or that the nearest hotel is mostly unaffordable (320CHF the
> > night for a double room)
>
> That's a silly example as that's a castle, with a single double room.
>
> As for other hotels, the list we begun to build is there:
>
> 	http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/AlternativeAccomodation
>
> It was pointed out recently that this lists lacks the hotels of Yverdon-les-
> Bains and Neuchâtel that are ~ 40 minutes of bus away from LeCamp.

That's 1h20 of commute every day, it is not al real option.

You removed my part about the bathroom, do you have possible solutions to
the small amount of showers for such a number of people and the sharing
between sexes problem? this is the same in all the building I have checked.

Ana