Re: [Debconf-team] dc13 draft budget, 2012-11-20

Gaudenz Steinlin dijo [Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:52:35AM +0100]:
> I very much disagree with the assumption that we only have space for ~40
> professional attendees. The least we can say about this is that there is
> absolutely no consensus about what standard of accomodation the
> professional fee should include. My opinion is that we should not
> promise anything and that at least all the double rooms, all the rooms
> with "literie nordique" <= 4 beds are good enough (= 92 beds). After all these
> people just pay their costs (including general conference costs) and
> don't pay much "extra".
>  (...)
> And just another data point to put these costs into perspective: For
> DC12 for most attendees food and accomodation was sponsored but flights
> from Europe. Considering this, the total costs of non travel sponsored
> Europeans will be less for DC13 than for DC12 even if they pay the
> professional fee.

Right. These two paragraphs convince me we should expressly approach
people who have not requested travel sponsorship for past DebConfs and
request them to consider putting something comparable with the
difference between their travel costs as a professional fee. I don't
know if many will agree, but surely some will!