Re: [Debconf-team] my "final" analysis of budget before today's meeting

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your analysis. I have only two points :

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 03:40:18AM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:
> There are all sorts of predictions for the amount of money we will
> get, with most centered on 150% to 200% of DC12 amount (90 -- 120
> kCHF).  Most locals predict more, most longer term people predict
> less.  This is a bit unfortunate, since this is an example of the
> "budget as proxy for le camp considerations" thing, and I hope that we
> can minimize the effects of that.

I have a good news we have CHF 39k already committed to us. I will write
another email about it shortly.

> So, in short, the question can't really be "can we afford le camp" but
> instead "are the benefits of le camp worth the fewer number of
> attendees, given the risk of limited money?"  I hope the meeting
> tomorrow can be productive.

My issue with the analysis is that it is based on a virtual price of CHF 30
for two meals and I am not sure it is realistic in Interlaken. We don't
have a quote and we don't even know where people would eat.

Regards,
Raphaël