Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 cost reduction / additional income idea 3 -?bed upselling

> > We have done similar things before, and I think it's ok in
> > principle, but we need to be careful about not upsetting attendees
> > by getting practical details wrong.
> >

> The idea is not bad. As Moray said, we have done something similar before
> and getting it right will require special attention in the registration in
> $PENTA_REPLACEMENT plus extra eyes when doing the room allocation.
> Also, we might have a lot of more demand of 'better' accommodation than
> we're able to provide.

We often have several minor details when doing room allocation - Yes,
definitively, this could be added as a question to the registration
process. But, yes, I am not sure that ≥30 people will select "I'm OK
with staying in the 32-bed room" — and yes, if we do decide for Le
Camp, we have to be very explicit about this room. And come up with
clear room allocation policies — Clear, even if not fair, as there is
no such thing as absolute and perfect fairness.

> BTW, I don't remember us mentioning anywhere but some people when paying
> the profesional or corporate fees expect to have a better bed/room. Specially
> those paying the corporate fee.

It's never been mentioned, but it has got some replies from people
expecting this better treatment. We have been quite explicit with the
fact that covering your own expenses gives you nothing more than a
whole lot of gratitude from us.

But yes, whatever we do, we must do explicitly.