Re: [Debconf-team] DPL approved budget for DebConf13

> <zack> hug: I think you should prepare a best/estimate/worst case scenario
> <h01ger> and a page describing the process in
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Category:DebConf_Manual
> <zack> ("you" is plural, not necessarily hug :))
> <hug> yeah, I was preparing this with darst
> <hug> he already sent a mail assuming 0 money from debian with variations of
> sponsoring income

Just in reference to Darst's mails, and how this can be communicated to
the DPL: maybe we need to show it in graduated levels of funding.

I think the most recent figures suggest Le Camp is not possible below
95k, so it could be explained like this:

below 95k: the wheels come off, deposits lost, no event, deficit for Debian

95k: participants must pay own food, no travel sponsorship

125k: food for 122 people

150k: food for 224 people

and given that we won't really know the final amount raised or
participant numbers until July, the budget should probably be
accompanied by contingency plans (e.g. explaining how we feed 200 people
if there is only cash to feed 122)

This contingency planning will differ significantly by venue:
Interlaken: feed everyone some days, send them down the street other days.
Le Camp: there would need to be some plan to collect money from people
as they arrive, so such a scheme needs to be anticipated.