[Debconf-team] DPL approved budget for DebConf13

Hi zack, hi -team,

in two days on Wednesday, the 7th at 19 UTC, we'll have another IRC meeting on
#debconf-team, to hopefully finally settle on a venue, hopefully based on a
serious^wsane budget(s plans).

These budgets (AIUI) are still missing, so this mail is mostly about defining
the process, to get a DPL pre-approved budget. Please everybody read:

<h01ger> zack, for budget planning and for confirming (people) that we will do
debconf13 in .ch indeed: how much money from debian would you be comfortable
to have in budget calculations? just for worst-case budget planings... and
under which conditions? and i'm fully aware (and will keep this communicated)
that you will not be dpl anymore next year at debconf13, so this is just for
worse-case planing scenarios indeed
<h01ger> (which could include "enable travel sponsorship" to happen at all.)
<h01ger> zack, do you want this as mail to leader@ and cc:ed to debconf-
team@l.dc.o?
<h01ger> (and the answer is also not that urgent...)

<zack> I'd prefer mail, yes, but I keep on thinking that that's not the right
question
<zack> I mean, the question is "how much money could we spend to respect the
amortized 0 cost idea?"
<zack> and you should be able to answer that question without my input
<zack> what I could do is approve a dc13 budget with a deficit, because that
deficit would allow a/b/c to happen
<zack> and even if I won't be DPL for dc13, the conference budget should
probably be approved well within the current term :)
<h01ger> point :)

<zack> I think we should have this discussion on -team@l.dc.o, actually
<zack> we need trail of this kind of discussions
<h01ger> oui

<hug> zack: the budget should be balanced, the question is if the worst case
estimate for sponsorship income is X below our estimate would Debian pay the
difference?
<h01ger> zack, hug is doing the local budgeting, overseen by darst from NYC
(and the rest of the team actually) quite very well.
<zack> but yes, of course, but the game is not that I tell you "X"
<zack> hug: I think you should prepare a best/estimate/worst case scenario
<h01ger> and a page describing the process in
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Category:DebConf_Manual
<zack> ("you" is plural, not necessarily hug :))
<hug> yeah, I was preparing this with darst
<hug> he already sent a mail assuming 0 money from debian with variations of
sponsoring income

<zack> yeah, I saw something, but I really can't follow all -team traffic
<zack> so when you've something stable that you want me to look at, please Cc:
leader@d.o
<hug> okay, will do
<zack> hug: thanks!

cheers,