[Debconf-team] Budget trade-offs: one week conference

Hi,

After someone's suggestion, here are possibilities for budgets for a
one-week DebConf/DebCamp combination.

Assumptions:
- 2 days DebCamp, 5 days DebConf (thinking the day trip is worth
  keeping for one day).
- No daytrip
- Same nightly forfait for le camp, and avg 21 CHF per bed.  Localteam
  has said this is incorrect, but it's close enough for now.
- New professional fee is 400 CHF (actual cost for 5 days: around 275
  CHF)
- Same 44 prof/2 corp attendees.
- Otherwise same assumptions as last time.

100% of DC12:
- 40 DebCamp attendees, 100 DebConf attendees (46 unsponsored)
- 10 kCHF of travel sponsorship.

150% of DC12:
- 40 DebCamp attendees, 150 DebConf attendees (46 unsponsored)
- 30 kCHF of travel sponsorship

200% of DC12:
- 60 DebCamp, 280 DebConf (46 unsponsored)
- 30 kCHF travel sponsorship

215% of DC12:
- 100 DebCamp, 300 DebConf (46 unsponsored)
- 30 kCHF travel sponsorship
- This is the original size planned for, so I probably don't need to
  go above this.

~~~~

Commentary:

As you can see, reducing the number of days makes the math work out
much, much better, mainly because we aren't paying 30 kCHF for the
DebCamp week just to have the camp.  Also, by making DebCamp two days,
feeding those people costs a lot less (only 68 CHF per person for two
days)  Another way to achieve this would be to share the camp that
week.

Also, commentary for the previous email: I assume 46 prof/corp
attendees regardless of the number of sponsored attendees.  I imagine
that having fewer sponsored attendees would lower the number of
prof/corp, due to (for example) fewer accompanying, less interest.
This sharply reduces the number of attendees on the low end.  (On the
other hand, if we don't have money to sponsor people, maybe more
people would pay to come).

- Richard