Re: [Debconf-team] Cost reduction / shortening (was Re: not a registration fee, but...)

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 08:59:54PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:

>2007 - I can't remember about this one.

I remember we had quite a lot (100?) of external visitors that day,
due to a lot of publicity. We definitely sold lots of T-shirts that
day. :-)

Then again, I'm not sure how much we actually convinced new people to
get interested in Free Software and Debian; my personal impression of
these things is that we're mostly preaching to the converted.

>So this year, if we do it in le camp or interlaken, I don't
>expect a big audience.

Definitely.

>If we do it in $BIG_CITY it will pretty much be an event that can be
>held separately from DebConf.

Yup.

Is there anybody out there?