Re: [Debconf-team] reading thru the meeting logs...

Hi,

just appending some info which was given on IRC: (for those not following
IRC.)

On Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > 3a. So assuming we'd sign the lecamp contract (or any others introducing
> > 150K in costs) how would you propose to deal with the, eg, 100K debt?
> > Share it between the individuals who registered debconf13.ch (the
> > association)? Move the debt to Debian?
> >
> > I assume if we have signed such a contract, someone _will_ need to have
> > to pay the bill. And thats why I'm still reluctant to (tell people to)
> > sign...
> Not quite - if a verein is like a limited company, then the members
> could potentially liquidate the verein at arm's length.  Nobody will
> lose their personal assets,  Le Camp will be extremely unhappy.  The
> biggest worry should actually be the 20, 40 or 60k of sponsor money
> already paid to Le Camp: if there is no DebConf, and the money is lost,
> will those sponsors ever support DC14, etc?

<h01ger> gaudenz, pococks reply to my point "3a" was: fine, there will be no
debt. thats nice, but imo not enough to sign a contract with no way out other
then pay 150k
<gaudenz> h01ger: I completely agree that it's not a solution to sign the
contract and only have the option that the DC13 association goes bancrupt as a
backup plan.
<gaudenz> If we did that we might even be personally liable for it as we did
it knowingly.

cheers,
	Holger