Re: [Debconf-team] Travel sponsorship proposal

Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> There were a thread discussing about travel sponsorship for this year,
> I am unable to find it now, so allow me a new thread to send my proposal.
>
> * Forgetting about travel sponsorhip until March 1st

Fine for me.

> * Managing travel sponsorship request in a different way
>
> I would also like to propose removing all the debconf travel sponsorship
> system from the $PENTA_REPLACEMENT and just ask people needing travel
> sponsorship to send an email to the travel sponsorship committee explaining
> why they need sponsorship, how much money this person think it will be
> needed and how much help need.

Also, roughly speaking, fine for me. I don't see any conflict between
this and what was previously posted about what questions we should ask
people. Of course email is pretty flexible, so that's a plus, especially
since it might be tougher to be in a position of developing a web app
at the last minute.

I note that the previous paragraph violates the proposal of forgetting
about travel sponsorship until March 1 ;).