Re: [Debconf-team] Information gathered for travel sponsorship

Hi David,

On Montag, 3. September 2012, David Bremner wrote:
> Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:
> > On Montag, 3. September 2012, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >> I think that the sponsorship committee should:
> >> 2) rank demands based on *benefit of attendance for Debian*.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > (and I agree with the two not quoted suggestions as well.)
>
> Just to be clear, to me Lucas's message reads as saying that need should
> not factor into the committee's decision at all. Am I misreading
> something?

well, "need" is the core requirement to apply for sponsorship, but I don't
think we should qualify "need" based on the finacial situation of the
applicant, rather we should mostly value the (cost/)benefit for Debian - which
then also takes "costs" (and probably financial contribution to travel costs)
into consideration.

cheers,
	Holger