Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 Venue constraints

On 13 August 2012 19:51, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> wrote:
> b) Hospitality: as much as I would be honoured and happy to host DebConf in
> Switzerland, I would be definitely ashamed to have to host most DebConf
> attendees in bunkers. I think that in said case, we should really re-consider
> Latvia.

I would say that such option should not be considered to be feasible
at this point.

If Le Camp is destroyed by a tornado, nuclear bunkers are fully
occupied in their primary purpose *and* other Debian-friendly
locations (such Extremadura or Berlin) refuse *and* there is enough
global sponsorship to cover most of the budget draft from our
proposal, that I could be negotiated to reconsider. :)

P.S. I was under the impression that 325 is a perfectly fine upper
limit for a Debconf outside the city. Just accept the limitations and
use them to our advantage. For example - it should be quite easy to
have a couple simultanious mini-Debconfs in, say NY, Nicaragua, India
and Australia - one day events with just a large auditorium which then
could have a couple local speakers and stream the talks and questions
between the continents. Embrace the limitations to raise to a new
level.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org