[Debconf-team] [RFC] Travel reimbursement procedure

Hi there!

After having discussed with Henning, we propose to proceed in the
following way (hopefully I did not miss anything):

1) a volunteer should be available at Front Desk for a certain amount of
   time (e.g. from 12:00 to 14:00 on Thursday).

2) SPI and ffis e.V. forms will be provided (no need for the attendees
   to look for a printer) and be given away in a nominal fashion.

   While this could be a bit confusing, given that *we* know where the
   money is it is easier to direct them to the correct form (I am
   sending the full list of attendees who got sponsorship to herb and
   Henning).

3) the attendee should bring *original* receipts of the travel costs.
   In case no physical receipt is available (e.g. if the attendee bought
   them on the Internet), then the confirmation email which includes the
   effective travel costs must be forwarded to <herb@debconf.org>.

   Henning and myself agreed that we should scan the original receipts
   on paper for archival purpose and/or future reference.

4) once all the paperwork has been done, the volunteer should talk to
   Henning, who will take care of the "upstream" paperwork (i.e. dealing
   with SPI and ffis e.V.).

If approved, the above should be announced publicly and to each attendee
who got travel reimbursement.  Below you can find an email template,
based on previous DebConfs' versions.

Comments?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Relevant public posts about travel reimbursement at previous DebConfs:

2010:
  <mid:20100805161832.GJ24049@cartman.hq.amellus.com>
  <http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20100805.161832.ed31f701.en.html>

2009: