Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf travel sponsorship (was: Re: Budget status - travel sponsorship)

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012, Richard Darst wrote:
> It is hard to improve things.  The order we spend money is: venue
> rental, accom, food, <a few other nice things>, travel.  If travel is
> prioritized low, and we always are short of money, travel will keep
> being last.

Yup. And from a conference organizer POV, this order is right. We need to make
this conference happen in the first place...

On Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012, Moray Allan wrote:
> Yes, I tend to think that travel sponsorship (or at least an initial
> batch) should be somewhat separated from other DebConf costs and dealt
> with early on.
>
> I don't think it's even a question of a "bigger bank" and absorbing
> costs, as DebConf is part of Debian.  Equally, I don't think there's any
> very good reason why travel sponsorship should be managed by the same
> people who are focused on organising a conference venue etc.

/me fully agrees with Moray here.

And/but as zack said, *now* is _not_ the time... but just wait 6 weeks, dc13
is eager to improve things! ;-) But their prios are the conf itself as well...

cheers,
	Holger