[Debconf-team] DC13.ch - Local Team Meeting Minutes - 2012-05-09

Hi all,

Here are the (late) meeting minutes from the latest DebConf13 Local Team
meeting, last Wednesday, 9. May 2012.

(This meeting very unfortunately collided with the IRC Global Team
meeting, sorry. We'll make sure it doesn't happen anymore.)

==== DebConf13.ch Local Team meeting minutes - 2012-05-09 ====

=== Attendees list ===

* gaudenz
* kevinmoilar
* OdyX
* Arne Wichmann
  First time in a DC13.ch meeting, did short-introduction:
  * Non-DD, Debian, old-be.
  * Mostly involved in .de matters, moving to Basel (CH). \o/
  * Technical person also enjoying working with persons
* cate
* gismo
* rafw
* heiserhorn (mike)

=== TODO-list ===

* Everyone:
  * everyone collects addresses of potential local sponsors and
    sends them to gismo, preferably in private.

* Heiserhorn:
  * asks LeCamp:
    - a definitive answer about camping with private tents.
    - for their "last" decision-making date about settling tents during
      DC13.ch.
    - for a binding offer for food and accommodation. Calculation
      basis: 200 persons on average.
  * with hug, starts a rough budget (that includes travel sponsorship),
    to be evolved through time.
  * translates/writes the cover letter in Italian;

* Kevin:
  * writes the template of what we need as "Visual Identity" before 16.
    May.

* gismo:
  * sends emails to designers and other proposers after 16. May if the
    "schools" plan fails.
  * asks Michael about news from his colleague and clarifies the plan
    with him.
  * coordinates the collection of local sponsors coordinates;
  * with OdyX, translates the sponsoring brochure in French.
  * translates the sponsoring brochure in Italian.

* gaudenz:
  * contacts the Global Sponsor Team to discuss the sponsoring
    procedure for DebConf;
  * talks to global sponsoring team about access to the private svn
    repository;
  * makes a proposal for the levels for sponsoring.
  * with OdyX, update the LaTeX sponsoring brochure with relevant data.

* hug:
  * with heiserhorn, starts a rough budget (that includes travel
    sponsorship), to be evolved through time.

* Arne:
  * converts the sponsoring brochure in LaTeX
  * translates the sponsoring brochure in German;
  * translates/writes the cover letter in German;

* OdyX:
  * sends the minutes to the list,
  * with gaudenz, update the LaTeX sponsoring brochure with relevant
    data.
  * with gismo, translates the sponsoring brochure in French.
  * writes the English and French cover letters.

=== Minutes ===

== Minutes (themselves) ==

* DECISION: We shall agree on the minutes during the meeting (before
            its end).
* DECISION: Minutes are sent to the mailing-list and can then be
            referred to from the wiki.
* DECISION: Minutes shall be kept short and keep only the decisions,
            the reasons for the decision and the most important
            opinions; including a short "TODO list".
* DECISION: Decisions and Todo's are put on the top of the minutes

== Team pages ==

* INFO: Team pages are not finished yet, please do.

== Experience from the Phone / Mumble meeting ==

* OPINION: They are a good tool.
* DECISION: Physical meetings are preferred though at least for "core"
            local team meetings but mumble meetings can be used by
            teams.
* INFO: Nobody is bothered too much by traveling to Bern or Fribourg.

== Milestones / Roadmap ==

The proposed version at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/roadmap .

* DECISION: Roadmap is sensible, go ahead.
* DECISION: We agree on doing week-ends.

== Update from "Hospitality team" ==

Report from the recent visit by 4 persons followed by a phone-call with
Mr. Pianaro from LeCamp.

See http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Meetings/minutes-20120502 for
extensive minutes.

* INFO: Price-wise: pricing would be decided with the average of
        attendees across days
* INFO: It's _NOT_ possible to use their kitchen.
* INFO: Buvette/Bar/…: LeCamp would be fine to build a tent somewhere
        on the field.
* INFO: There would be a corkage fee ("droit de bouchon", sort-of "tax"
        on the sellings we do using their facilities).
* INFO: Cooks can handle > 325 persons (e.g. up to 1000 for one lunch)
* INFO: Formal dinner is possible there.
* INFO: No problem for dietary restrictions provided advance warning.
* INFO: Electrical Power is an issue for LeCamp. They propose to
        contact the power supplier to secure (financiary and
        technically) the power supply.
* INFO: One "65W" power supply powered on for 14 days at 17 cents/kWh
        is 3.70 CHF per person. So we have to pay attention that they
        don't overestimate the costs of electricity.

= Food in Le Camp =

* QUESTION: It's not clear what we will be charged for catering.
* QUESTION: Is it possible to "mix" suppliers?