Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 sponsorship levels

Hi,

On Samstag, 18. Februar 2012, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> I think you missed my point...
>
> I was not trying to say whether or not the ranges were correct, I was
> trying to say we should *announce* exact prices and then allow for
> individual cases to be negotiated.

ok, got it now, thanks for the clarification.

> If we say "up to $2000" then $SPONSOR comes along and says "I've got
> $500 available, so I'd like to buy a Steel sponsorship.  $SPONSOR2 comes
> along and says "I want a Bronze sponsorship for $2001 please".
>
> I don't think that anyone here would think either of those scenarios is
> 'fair play', and so we should instead announce our *target* prices.
> This would allow us to retain greater control over when, and whether,
> the prices would be relaxed in individual cases.

and I disagree. (or well...I agree.)

What we list are target prices so to say. Negotitions might be possible (but
are the exceütion and are certainly not cc:ed to press@ as this mail is)
instead rather discussed and approved within the team on #debconf-sponsors
(which is not logged like eg this list).

Sleep for real now. I hope things become clearer now.

cheers,
	Holger