Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 sponsorship levels

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 20:32 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (press, please scroll down to the end of this mail :)
>
> On Freitag, 17. Februar 2012, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> > It's a small point, but clearly if I paid $30k I get to choose my level?
>
> sure. but what do you mean with that in practice? :)
>
> > I think these levels should primarily have a published level, like:
> >
> > Steel: $2000
> > Bronze: $5000
> > Silver: $15000
> > Gold: $30000
> > Platinum: $50000
>
> I agree. (with published level)
>
> > or maybe those last three are $10k, $25k, $40k or $10k, $20k, $35k
>
> Actually I think the last three should like this:
>
> so:
>
> Steel: up to $2000
> Bronze: up to $5000
> Silver: up to $12500
> Gold: up to $25000
> Platinum: more then $25000

I think you missed my point...

I was not trying to say whether or not the ranges were correct, I was
trying to say we should *announce* exact prices and then allow for
individual cases to be negotiated.

If we say "up to $2000" then $SPONSOR comes along and says "I've got
$500 available, so I'd like to buy a Steel sponsorship.  $SPONSOR2 comes
along and says "I want a Bronze sponsorship for $2001 please".

I don't think that anyone here would think either of those scenarios is
'fair play', and so we should instead announce our *target* prices.
This would allow us to retain greater control over when, and whether,
the prices would be relaxed in individual cases.

Regards,
					Andrew.

andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
         Flexibility is overrated.  Constraints are liberating.